Print Version

Home   News   Sports   Social   Obituaries   Events   Letters
Even small boats need a sticker
July 5, 2017
Do you own a boat, canoe, kayak, or raft? Get on board with the Idaho invasive species sticker for watercraft!

The Boundary Soil Conservation District wants to remind you that under the Invasive Species Law, any motorized or sail powered watercraft not registered in Idaho and any non-motorized vessel (canoe, kayak, raft, drift boat, etc.) need to have an IISF sticker.

Inflatable, non-motorized vessels less than 10 feet in length are exempt from this requirement. Vessels that have a valid Idaho registration do not need an additional invasive species sticker.

If you drive south of Bonners Ferry with your kayak or canoe you must stop at the boat inspection station at Samuels just like the big boats do!
The annual sticker fees are $7 for non-motorized and $22 for motorized (registered out of state) vessels.

The fees generated from the sale of these stickers helps to fund prevention efforts through education and inspections and monitoring efforts. You can purchase your stickers from Far North Outfitters or at any boat station location. For more info go to
 Questions or comments about this article? Click here to e-mail!