Time to get no spray agreements in
April 17, 2017
Spring is here and the Boundary County Weed Department will soon be spraying roadsides for noxious weeds. If you do not want weeds sprayed in front of your property you must submit a “do not spray” agreement by May 1.

Forms can be found at the University of Idaho Extension Office in Bonners Ferry or on the county's website; www.boundarycountyid.org.

It is the property owner’s responsibility to control noxious weeds in front of their property if you do not want the county to spray. Typically, roadsides are sprayed from 6- to 12-feet from the edge of road. If you fill out a “do not spray” agreement and the weeds aren’t taken care of by July 1, the weed department may come and spray.

Do not spray agreements must be filled out each year.

If you have any questions, contact Boundary County Weed Superintendent Dave Wenk at 267-5341 or email dwenk@boundarycountyid.org.

Thanks for your help in limiting the spread of noxious weeds. Remember; spread the word, not the weed.